[cfe-dev] WIP initialization rewrite

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 08:56:33 PST 2008

I figured I should get this out into the open, since my holding onto
it isn't very useful.  It's essentially a patch replacing the whole of
initialization-list processing sema with a version written from
scratch.

I'm not really asking for review of this, because it has quite a few weaknesses.

1. It rewrites the whole thing from scratch, which is probably not the
best idea, even if it is only a few hundred lines.
2. I'm not really satisfied with the way this patch is written; it has
a lot of code duplication. Some of the logic is a bit tricky, and both
the duplicate loops both within the method and the inablility to reuse
the logic for codegen/analysis are serious issues.
3. It's not complete: I haven't gone over any of the logic required for vectors.

That said, the code does work, and I believe it implements C99 rules
correctly, so it might be useful source of ideas for Steve or whoever
else touches this code.

-Eli