[cfe-dev] Attempt 2 at CXX Namespaces

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 15:13:58 PST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Kevin Tew <tewk at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> I've tried to incorporate both Chris and your suggestions.

Okay, looking better.

One more thing I spotted: you can get rid of the FIXMEs in
ParseDeclCXX.cpp, since you're implementing them.

>  > Also, here's a testcase which I'm not sure your patch handles:
>  > namespace a { double i; }
>  > int i;
>  > namespace a {double* j = &i;}
>  > should not print a warning with -pedantic.

I don't think you checked this properly... try adding -pedantic to the
command line for your testcase.  (clang unfortunately has to be
extremely loose about pointer conversions in general.)

Or just try this simpler testcase:
namespace a {double i;}
namespace a {double* j = &i;}

-Eli