[cfe-dev] problems compiling clang: ASTOwningResult

Chris Goller goller at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 13:33:00 PST 2008

I've been having problems compiling clang for the last several days and I'm
up-to-date with subversion.

The specific problem I am having is that ASTOwningResult doesn't have a
public copy constructor nor a operator=:

    ASTOwningResult(ASTOwningResult&); // DO NOT IMPLEMENT
    ASTOwningResult& operator =(ASTOwningResult&); // DO NOT IMPLEMENT

... however, there is a bunch of code in the parser that tries to do an
operator=, for example,
 ParseDecl.cpp:1080 AssignedVal = ParseConstantExpression();

where Parser::OwningExprResult Parser::ParseConstantExpression()  and
OwningExprResult AssignedVal(Actions);

and finally typedef ASTOwningResult<&ActionBase::DeleteExpr>
OwningExprResult;

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

Chris