[cfe-dev] Modifying an AST and Sema's dependency on an AST consumer

Lukasz Janyst ljanyst at cern.ch
Fri Dec 5 09:34:29 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Daniel Dunbar <daniel at zuster.org> wrote:
> We definitely do not want to require parsing the entire AST before
> doing code generation.

   I was not suggesting that. I was just saying that the consumer
could probably figure out on it's own when to call
	HandleTagDeclDefinition (this is the only method I could spot that
requires Sema to be aware of the consumer), but I understand that it
comes for a price. And yes, I agree than an ASTStreamer or just a
method ASTConsumer::HandleEntireTU should be a reasonable solution in
the current state of things.

   Ok, thanks for your answers! Everything looks a lot clearer to me now.

   Lukasz