[cfe-dev] Wide strings and clang::StringLiteral.

Cédric Venet cedric.venet at laposte.net
Fri Dec 5 02:01:27 PST 2008

>> set && string contains only
>> characters in the range 0-0x7f" and having a slow path for everything else.
>>

> Ah, right, you want to store the strings in UTF-8.  That seems fine; I
> expect non-ASCII in strings is very rare

For french programmes and probably other non-english language, non-ASCII
in strings is *not* very rare. Every accentued character is not ascii
and Most of the french sentence will have at least one accentued character.

I just wanted to point this out, even if it is not very important. (I am french but I write my programme in english, and I suppose more and more people use internationalisation software, so the problem may be small).

regards,

Cédric