[cfe-dev] clang Testing Coverage

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue Aug 26 20:45:47 PDT 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 8:37 PM, Daniel Dunbar wrote:

> For those interested in this sort of thing, here are the prettified
> gcov results of clang running on its test suite (71.6%):
>
> http://keeda.stanford.edu/~ddunbar/clang/coverage/
>
> And running on the test suite + LLVM's test suite (72.7%):
>
> http://keeda.stanford.edu/~ddunbar/clang/coverage.full/
>
> Better than I expected, but it would be great to push those numbers
> higher if anyone is bored. ;)

Nice!  Looking at liblex, it looks like we need to test headermaps
(horrible apple feature), backtracking (new and shiny!), 6 of the 9
trigraphs, escaped newlines and trigraphs in identifiers, unterminated
block comments, nul characters in the middle of file, the MS charize
extension, some random expressions in the pp expr parsing, and some
even more strange stuff...

-Chris