[cfe-dev] Compatibility of Objective-C interface and id types

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Mon Aug 25 15:15:44 PDT 2008

Currently mergeTypes has the following code/comment:
--
  case Type::ObjCInterface:
  {

It isn't clear to me why we shouldn't be merging interface types which are
in an
inheritance relation to one another here. It seems like it was explicitly
avoided,
given the presence of canAssignObjCInterfaces but I don't see the reason
yet.

Wouldn't merging the interface allow simplifying and maybe removing
canAssignObjCInterfaces?

 - Daniel