[cfe-dev] Analyzing DragonFly BSD

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Thu Aug 21 13:44:38 PDT 2008

On Aug 21, 2008, at 11:31 AM, Sascha Wildner wrote:

> * Interestingly, the "null dereference" count went down from 308 in
> http://yoyodyne.ath.cx/ccc-analyze/buildkernel/2008-08-10-1/ to 119 in
> http://yoyodyne.ath.cx/ccc-analyze/buildkernel/2008-08-21-2/ (we
> fixed a
> couple but not that many). Some of them were valid bugs, according to
> one guy from our team.

Hi Sascha,

Another useful thing is if people want to provide us preprocessed
sources that the analyzer *correctly* identified bugs in.  This would
allow us to incrementally add valid bug reports to our test suite.

This is something that we can actually add to scan-build.  For every
source file that the analyzer flags an error, we can also
automatically generate preprocessed .i/.mi files.  Users can then
submit these to us if they wish for either the case that the bug is a
false positive or that it's valid.  Building up a test suite of
validated bugs would be invaluable.

Ted