[cfe-dev] Constant CFString merge

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Fri Aug 15 16:58:54 PDT 2008

Okay, that makes sense. The only issue then is that the runtime doesn't
get control over what the constant string class reference is called, but since
GNU and NeXT both use the same name that doesn't seem to be an issue.

RE: The patch:

(1) In ASTContext::getCFConstantStringType there is really no need to use
a SmallVector here, even if the size is changing by one. Also some of
the comments re: the type are incorrect... and why did you change the ones
you did (the str I understand, but why unsigned -> signed or const int* -> int*)?

I think it makes more sense to change this file when someone does UTF-16
support.

(2) The NeXT runtime should still set the section on constant cfstrings.

 - Daniel