[cfe-dev] libclang, someday?

Seo Sanghyeon sanxiyn at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 06:02:27 PDT 2008

2008/8/10 Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen <danchr at daimi.au.dk>:
> Based on a loose "feeling" from trying it on my 1.25GHz G4, I'd say ccc
> about twice as slow as using clang directly. I'm not familiar with llvmc2,
> I'm afraid. In my the driver with clang retains it's main selling point,
> speed, and has the potential to increase usage significantly.

ccc works with Autotools, etc. So I guess your main complaint is that
it is slow. Any patch to speed it up will be appreciated.

ccc is an interim measure; long term solution would be llvmc2. Any
improvement to that would be also appreciated.

If llvmc2 is compatible with GCC command line (or UNIX cc), I don't
see why clang should also be compatible. As far as I can tell clang's
command line is designed to export clang's functionality in the most
direct manner (like AST serialzation, etc.)

--
Seo Sanghyeon