[cfe-dev] libclang, someday?

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen danchr at daimi.au.dk
Sun Aug 10 04:58:09 PDT 2008

On 9 Aug 2008, at 23:40, Chris Lattner wrote:
> I think that clang will evolve to the same point that LLVM is at: most
> of the API is stable in LLVM, but there are occasional big changes.
> For a really stable API, it would be interesting to make C or
> scripting language bindings that we try real hard to never change.

On a similar note, how settled are you on the current command line
interface to clang? I can't help but find it somewhat annoying that
the current interface is wholly incompatible with GCC and, I suspect,
other compilers. I patched it locally to support -c, -S and -Wall, to
ignore valid -O flags, as well as allow -W and -Wextra as aliases for -
Wall. Are you interested in changes like these?

Other possible improvements would be a refactoring to use -f* and -m*
like GCC. Also, it would be nice if the clang executable was able to
link objects, emit native code, and defaulted to outputing a.out.

(Re-post as I sent from the wrong address previously.)

--

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen, stud. scient.,
danchr at daimi.au.dk