[cfe-dev] AST transformations

Stephan Creutz stephan.creutz at inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Apr 24 03:29:32 PDT 2008

Hi,

for a project of mine I need to do a lot of AST transformations
(inserting new nodes and changing existing ones), thus using the
Rewriter for this task seems not suitable to me because after each
transformation step I would need to rebuild the whole AST.

Transformation of ASTs seems not to be trivial because AST nodes are not
changeable and recreating all nodes from scratch is not practical. I'm
curious why it is not possible to change AST nodes, is there any
specific reason? Or isn't it just done yet because there is no interest
in that right now?

I would also be glad about other suggestions to get my job done.

Thanks,
Stephan