[cfe-dev] diff for clang environment variables/paths

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Wed Sep 12 11:46:40 PDT 2007

On Aug 22, 2007, at 10:44 AM, Kelly Wilson wrote:

> Hello fellow clangers ;)
>
> I am just sending a quick diff for a couple clang.cpp "FIXME"'s.
> Not sure if the use of the system()/getenv() calls are appropriate
> but I just wanted this to work for my setup. Let me know if this is
> not an acceptable patch.
>
> Not really tested on Mac OS X but the syscalls exist and 'gcc -v'
> replies with the correct info, I think.

Hi Kelly,

Sorry for the delay, I'm catching up on old email.

This is a very interesting approach, but it would have some serious
startup-time implications :).  I think that clang really needs a
configure script, which could sniff these values when the compiler is
being built, instead of doing it on each run.  Alternatively, it
could have some configuration file that specifies where to find stuff
etc.  Are you still interested in working on this?

-Chris