[cfe-dev] Test suite failures for clang x86-64 and Sparc

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Wed Oct 31 19:35:45 PDT 2007

On Oct 29, 2007, at 5:38 PM, Kelly Wilson wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Just wondering if CodeGen/mandel.c and CodeGen/array.c are supposed to
> fail from the testsuite (maybe there is a list of possible/probable
> fail
> cases?).

Nope, nothing should fail.  I'm curious why array.c fails, it doesn't
pull in any system headers.

> I am running a Linux x86-64 with svn updates to llvm and clang today.
> Clang outputs 'invalid operands to binary operator' for the mandel.c
> failure and a 'segmenation fault' for array.c. I can publish full logs
> if you like.

stack traces would be very useful.

> I can look into this a little more if needed. I just checked bugzilla
> and there doesn't seem to be bugs listed for this.

Ok

> P.S. I just checked clang on my SPARC/Linux machine and only
> CodeGen/array.c fails. It is an internal 'bus error' in this case with
> no stack trace. This one has no diagnostic or logging info at all :(

Note that mandel.c is mostly ifdef'd out for sparc machines.  Back in
the day when I first was working with it, solaris was lacking proper
c99 support, so GCC wouldn't build it.

-Chris