[cfe-dev] usage of clang in an university project

Nuno Lopes nunoplopes at sapo.pt
Sat Oct 6 11:06:34 PDT 2007

Hi,

I was assigned a project for the security class in the university that
consists in doing some analisys of varargs function calls (C only).
Basically I need some form of an AST of a C file and a way to transverse it.
Do you think that clang is the best tool for the job? (btw, it has to be
delivered in mid-December). I already took a look to other projects, like
ANTLR, GCCXML, a flex+bison grammar I found on the web, and even the dump of
gcc -fdump-translation-unit, but noone seems to be appropriate (they have a
big learning curve or they don't work well enough).

So if you think that clang might do the job, can you please give me some
pointers to how to get started?

Thanks in advance,
Nuno Lopes