[cfe-dev] C++ TODOs

Bjørn Roald bjorn at 4roald.org
Fri Dec 21 15:38:36 PST 2007

Mike Stump skrev:
> On Dec 21, 2007, at 1:00 PM, Bjørn Roald wrote:
>> Do you have some sort of roadmap for the C++ support that we plan to
>> follow?
>
> Open source works best if you follow what makes you happy.  Find a C++
> code you like, and start compiling it.  Could be g++.dg from the g++
> testsuite, could be llvm,

Well, I don't think neighter I, nor clang is ready for that.. ;-).

> could be hello world.
>
> Personally, I started with hello world.  :-)

That is what I will do.

> Try a snippet, see if it works, if it does, move on to next bit of code.
> If it doesn't, implement the parser for it, then the AST for it, then
> the semantic actions for it, then the ast printer for it, then the
> codegen for it... rinse, repeat.

Sounds good, I will give it a go when I get some time and see if it is
any fun ;-). I may stop at the AST printer level if that make any
sence.  LLVM is new to me and not my primary goal
-- at least not yet.  I may need the codegen part to get usfull
verification of success, we will just have to see as we go.

--
Bjørn