[cfe-dev] Fwd: Clang comparison page

Steve Naroff snaroff at apple.com
Mon Dec 10 07:38:40 PST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007, at 6:34 AM, Joel Nelson wrote:

>>> I think it is true that the Elsa community is "extremely small",
>>> do you disagree with that part?
>>>
>> No I think you are completely correct. I just wouldn't call that a
>> technical point. That may be the *result* of technical weaknesses
>> (as you argue well), or it could be the result of a lack of the
>> kind of promotion you do for clang. Either way I think it is not
>> itself material.
>>
>> Basically I think Clang can win on technical merits, so why not
>> leave it at that?

Joel,

At this point in clang's development, we are more interested in
education and less focused on "winning":-).

The size and "culture" of the community is informational (though
culture is hard to communicate in a few sentences).

Based on your comments, I think it might make sense to separate the
"Community size/culture information" from the technical pros/cons.

snaroff