[cfe-dev] [cfe-commits] r41303 - in /cfe/trunk: Parse/ParseDecl.cpp Parse/ParseObjc.cpp include/clang/Parse/Parser.h

Steve Naroff snaroff at apple.com
Mon Aug 27 06:43:16 PDT 2007

On Aug 27, 2007, at 4:38 AM, Keith Bauer wrote:

> On 8/23/07, Steve Naroff <snaroff at apple.com> wrote:
>> Author: snaroff
>> Date: Wed Aug 22 18:18:22 2007
>> New Revision: 41303

>> Log:
>>
>> With this commit, we now successfully parse "Cocoa.h"!
>
> So, I thought, "yay!".  Unfortunately,
>
> clang -arch ppc -fsyntax-only
> /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/
> Cocoa.framework/Headers/Cocoa.h
> 2>&1 | tail -n 1
> 28541 diagnostics generated.
>
> "Successfully parse"?

It does. You simply need to pass -parse-noop, which runs the
MinimalAction analyzer (not Sema). I will be working on Sema support
this week.

> Known regression?

Not a regression, simply under construction. One of the beauties of
our design is we have a clear separation of syntax from semantics.
 From a development standpoint, this allows much more incremental
development.

> I'm just weird?

How about curious:-?