[cfe-dev] EXTENSION for some diags

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Sat Aug 25 21:58:48 PDT 2007

On Aug 25, 2007, at 9:49 PM, Neil Booth wrote:

> Make some diags EXTENSION so they are errors with pedantic errors.

Patch looks good, please commit.

> Downside is that non-pedantic compiles are silent.
>
> We really need a slightly different diagnostic policy.

You're right, we do.  What do you suggest?  GCC has a class of
extension warnings that are emitted by default.  Is this what you
mean?  That would give us:

1. Error.
2. Warning always (eventually enabled or disabled by other -W options)
3. Extension, defaults to a warning
4. Extension, defaults to silent

-pedantic would then map #4 to a warning.  -pedantic-errors would
make #3/#4 to error.

Sound reasonable?

-Chris