[cfe-dev] Using other front end work as a basis?

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Mon Aug 20 09:27:09 PDT 2007

On Aug 20, 2007, at 12:32 AM, Ar18 at comcast.net wrote:

> Is the plan to start completely from scratch or were you interested
> in looking at other projects (with a compatable license) that might
> have something you could use:
>
> http://opencxx.sourceforge.net/occ-core/

To us, it isn't all about the license: it's also about the
technology.  We evaluated many other solutions and they didn't fit
(and couldn't easily be changed to fit) our technical goals.

If you're looking for partial C++ support in the short term, OpenC++
is a better choice for you than clang is.

-Chris