[Release-testers] Adding credits to the release page

Yvan Roux via Release-testers release-testers at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 17 02:06:07 PST 2020

Hi,

Sorry for the delay

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 at 20:57, Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre at debian.org> wrote:

> Le 18/11/2020 à 16:48, Yvan Roux via Release-testers a écrit :
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'd like to know if adding some credits on the releases.llvm.org page would be
> > aligned with the community rules and spirit, and in such a case can be
> > considered?
> >
> > The reason behind this question is that as you know testing and building our
> > releases is a time consuming task, and maybe it would help in the discussions
> > on ressources allocation with our various companies, organizations or members
> > if there is a better/wider visibility for them than some emails
> > addresses embedded inside a file in the sources.
> I am fine with:
> https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/master/llvm/RELEASE_TESTERS.TXT

yes, it was just to give a bit more visibility to it which looks a bit
outdated btw ;)

> But if you have strong opinion on this, maybe add a new section on this page at the end:
> https://llvm.org/docs/HowToReleaseLLVM.html
> (or on a better place)

What about something like this, for instance for the last release:
(If testers can mention if they prefer having their names and/or
organiztion used or nothing)

* macOS (.sig) built and tested by Shoaib Meenai or Facebook
* FreeBSD11 AMD64 (.sig) built and tested by Dimitry Andric
* FreeBSD11 i386 (.sig) built and tested by Dimitry Andric
* AArch64 Linux (.sig) built and tested by Linaro Toolchain Working Group
* armv7a Linux (.sig) built and tested by Linaro Toolchain Working Group
* SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 12SP4 x86_64 (.sig) built and tested by
Brian Cain
* Ubuntu 16.04 (.sig) built and tested by Brian Cain
* Ubuntu 20.04 (.sig) built and tested by Neil Nelson
* PowerPC64LE Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 (.sig) built and tested by Amy Kwan
* PowerPC64LE Ubuntu 16.04 (.sig) built and tested by Amy Kwan
* amd64 Solaris 11.4 (.sig) built and tested by Rainer Orth or
Bielefeld University
* SPARC Solaris 11.4 (.sig) built and tested by Rainer Orth or
Bielefeld University
* Windows (32-bit) (.sig) built and tested by Hans Wennborg
* Windows (64-bit) (.sig) built and tested by Hans Wennborg

Cheers
Yvan