[Release-testers] [8.0.0 Release] rc4 has been tagged

Hans Wennborg via Release-testers release-testers at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 11 02:34:57 PDT 2019

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 1:24 PM Hans Wennborg <hans at chromium.org> wrote:

> Dear testers,
>
> 8.0.0-rc4 was just tagged from the release_80 branch at r355690.
>
> This is similar to rc3, but it contains a few important fixes, notably
> for https://llvm.org/PR40890
>
> I'm hoping that this is that last release candidate, so please give it
> a good testing. If all looks well, maybe we can get the final tag in
> next week.

It seems we'll need a fifth release candidate to pick up r355743. I
plan to tag it as soon as possible, but I'd like to see the commit
bake in trunk a little bit first.

If you're short on time, maybe hold off testing rc4 and wait for rc5.
If you're not short on time, please consider testing both :-)

Thanks,
Hans