[Release-testers] [7.0.0 Release] Schedule proposal

Hans Wennborg via Release-testers release-testers at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 7 06:36:41 PDT 2018

Hello everyone,

There's plenty of time before the release process starts, but I'd like
to begin the schedule discussion.

For the September release we usually branch mid-July. However, this
year my vacation runs a little later, so a good branch date for me
would be the 1st of August.

Proposal:

- 1 August 2018: Branch; RC1 soon after
- 22 August 2018: RC2; all lose ends should be tied up by now
- 5 September; final tag, release a few days later (don't slip past
first half of September)

What do you think?

I'm particularly keen to hear from those helping to test the release,
and from downstream consumers of the branch.

If the community prefers an earlier branch date, I can take a day off
vacation to set it up but I probably can't help much with bug fixing
and merging before August.

Thanks,
Hans