[Release-testers] [4.0 Release] Schedule and call for testers

Bernhard Rosenkränzer via Release-testers release-testers at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 5 12:10:06 PST 2016

Hi,
plan looks good to me.
At OpenMandriva, we're already on the 4.0 branch (rev. 287544 right now)
because that's what our next major release (expected in late Q2/early Q3
2017) will ship with.

No big issues here so far, except the LLVMAddAttribute removal (Mesa still
relies on that API -- we've solved it for now by patching it back in).
We'll probably upgrade our snapshot one more time in mid to late December,
then package RC1, RC2 and final (and any RC3 or so that might be added).

In the Android world, we're running daily builds of AOSP master with clang
master inside Linaro. No big issues there either (some extra warnings
emitted by 4.0, esp. address-of-packed-member required some code changes
and/or -Wno-error= workarounds, but that's intentional).

ttyl
bero