[Openmp-dev] Let openmp depend on llvm source, D87841

Jon Chesterfield via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 17 10:24:13 PDT 2020

I've posted a technically trivial change that replaces a number of copied
lines with an #include from within the llvm tree.

This introduces a dependency edge from the compile time of openmp
(currently only the amdgpu runtime part) to the source of llvm. Therefore a
long list of reviewers and this email.

Please speak up in favour on the review, or present an opposing argument if
necessary. I'd really like to get rid of the copy and paste between the
directories within the monorepo, here and elsewhere.

Longer term there's a bunch of other things we might want to use from LLVM,
but short term I just don't want to copy&rot the various magic numbers.

Thanks all

Jon