[Openmp-dev] Loops and loops chunks in OPMT

Igor Wodiany via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 10 09:07:30 PDT 2020

Hi,

More of a specification related question, but I hope I can get some
answers here. So I have been looking at using OMPT to do some
profiling, but I found out I need a bit more granularity for loops
(I'm interested in duration of specific loops chunks).

I found a paper where authors extend OMPT pretty much
in the way I need it:

"Extending OMPT to Support Grain Graphs" Langdal et al.

and I was wondering, if anyone knows, if that work is considered
to be included into the standard (adding callbacks for chunks
and loops), or there is a good reason for it not to be used,
or the idea was never put forward for the inclusion into the
standard and the only thing left after it is this paper?

Many thanks,
Igor