[Openmp-dev] Non overlapping memory segments

Ye Luo via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 18 14:43:06 PDT 2020

That is very helpful. Currently the linear lookup is too slow. My profiling
result shows most of my time spent in lookup.
std::list and linear searching is quite bad for me. Considering std::set
which provides logarithmic complexity searching although insert/erase cost
logarithmic complexity as well.
I'm not worried about insert/erase since it is nothing compared to device
malloc/free and it can be optimized with "target enter/exit data".
Any concerns on this?
Best,
Ye
Ye Luo, Ph.D.
Computational Science Division & Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory