[Openmp-dev] Status of detached tasks in Clang

Joseph Schuchart via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 3 05:18:51 PDT 2020

Dear all,

I am eager to play around with detached tasks in OpenMP. It seems that
support has gone into the runtime about a year ago [1] but even with
Clang 10 I get a warning that the detach clause is ignored:

$ clang-10 -fopenmp test_detached.c
test_detached.c:25:47: warning: extra tokens at the end of '#pragma omp
task' are ignored [-Wextra-tokens]
   #pragma omp task detach(event)

The status website lists detached tasks as work in progress [2]. Is
there a way to try detached tasks in some experimental version of Clang?
Or am I just missing a flag to enable them in the Clang release?

Thanks a lot,
Joseph

[1] https://reviews.llvm.org/D62485
[2] https://clang.llvm.org/docs/OpenMPSupport.html