[Openmp-dev] OpenMP offloading to the sm_35 device from x86 compute nodes

Itaru Kitayama via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Mar 16 01:09:30 PDT 2019

Doru et al.,
After checking the CUDA_ROOT environment variable gets set properly, I
configured the
Makefile for my application with CMake, however:

 -- Could NOT find LIBOMPTARGET_DEP_LIBFFI (missing:
LIBOMPTARGET_DEP_LIBFFI_LIBRARIES LIBOMPTARGET_DEP_LIBFFI_INCLUDE_DIRS)
CMake Warning (dev) at
/p/project/cjzam11/kitayama1/projects/llvm-project/openmp/libomptarget/cmake/Modules/LibomptargetGetDependencies.cmake:117
(find_package):
  Policy CMP0074 is not set: find_package uses <PackageName>_ROOT variables.
  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0074" for policy details.  Use the
cmake_policy
  command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

  Environment variable CUDA_ROOT is set to:

    /usr/local/software/jureca/Stages/2018b/software/CUDA/9.2.88

  For compatibility, CMake is ignoring the variable.
Call Stack (most recent call first):

/p/project/cjzam11/kitayama1/projects/llvm-project/openmp/libomptarget/CMakeLists.txt:30
(include)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- LIBOMPTARGET: Building offloading runtime library libomptarget.
-- LIBOMPTARGET: Not building aarch64 offloading plugin: machine not found
in the system.
-- LIBOMPTARGET: Building CUDA offloading plugin.
-- LIBOMPTARGET: Not building PPC64 offloading plugin: machine not found in
the system.
-- LIBOMPTARGET: Not building PPC64le offloading plugin: machine not found
in the system.
-- LIBOMPTARGET: Not building x86_64 offloading plugin: libffi dependency
not found.
-- LIBOMPTARGET: Building CUDA offloading device RTL.
CMake Error at
/p/project/cjzam11/kitayama1/projects/llvm-project/openmp/libomptarget/cmake/Modules/LibomptargetUtils.cmake:26
(message):
  LIBOMPTARGET: Cannot build CUDA LLVM bitcode offloading device RTL!
Call Stack (most recent call first):

/p/project/cjzam11/kitayama1/projects/llvm-project/openmp/libomptarget/deviceRTLs/nvptx/CMakeLists.txt:115
(libomptarget_error_say)

I'm at today's HEAD of Trunk of llvm-project.