[Openmp-dev] Offloading application build with a Trunk Debug Clang is so slow

Alexey Bataev via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 21 17:23:32 PST 2019

Check-libomptarget and check-libomptarget-nvptx  do.

Best regards,
Alexey Bataev

21 дек. 2019 г., в 20:13, Itaru Kitayama via Openmp-dev <openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org> написал(а):

On x86 I see the same significant slowdown when building an app with Debug Clang.

Does make check-openmp exercise any part of the offloading features?

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 8:35 AM Doerfert, Johannes <jdoerfert at anl.gov<mailto:jdoerfert at anl.gov>> wrote:
On 12/19, Itaru Kitayama wrote:
> On POWER8, my app builds 40 minutes with the Debug Clang (40 times increase
> of time, when
> it is built with Release Clang), but on an x86 host, it just takes about 10
> minutes and it is bearable.
>
> Could this be PowerPC specific, is it why most people aren't aware of the
> slowness?

That could most certainly be. Alexey should build on Power regularly though.