[Openmp-dev] pypi.org packaging of intel-openmp

Bill Mccormick via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 26 11:15:44 PDT 2018

Hello,

I've been installing PyTorch on Windows 7 & it uses the openmp libraries.

These are packaged up on pypi.org for installation by pip for Python users.   I believe there is an error in the pip packaging & I'm wondering who owns the packaging?

To summarize the error, the openmp DLLs are being copied into the directory:  PythonXXX\Library\bin and I believe they should be copied into the directory PythonXXX\DLLs.

There's a torch issue here for the background:

view it on GitHub<https://github.com/pytorch/pytorch/issues/9818#issuecomment-408123084>

That's all.

Bill McCormick
Senior Staff Engineer