[Openmp-dev] question on openmp call at runtime

Rabab Al-omairy via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 24 13:57:59 PDT 2018

Dear all,

We are developing an abstraction layer to various task-based runtime
systems, including OpenMP. This layer has an API to queue the task, which
will translate into a call to one of the runtime APIs during the execution.

When it come to supporting OpenMP, we would like to decode task information
that is represented in our own function API to an OpenMP task function at
runtime. Since it is using a #pragma omp task directive, this restricts in
doing such decoding at runtime.

It seems that we can use runtime calls as Clang does. By looking onto
http://openmp.llvm.org/Reference.pdf, clang generates a list out of the
depend clause, and passes it to lower level function, i.e.,
__kmpc_omp_task_with_deps. I would like to use __kmpc_omp_task_with_deps
low level runtime API directly. I would like to know:

1- How to define the list of dependent tasks using this runtime function
call?
2- Is there a Clang flag that generate llvm OpenMP intermediate code?

Thanks and I appreciate your help

--

*Best Regards,*

*Rabab Alomairy*

*King* *Abdullah* *University* *of* *Science* *and* *Technology*

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Mobile KSA: +966 (0) 548884792

E-mail: rabab.alomairy at kaust.edu.sa <mairy at kaust.edu.sa>

<sheikha.lardhi at kaust.edu.sa>