[Openmp-dev] "teams distribute and update "clause"

Jost, Gabriele (ARC-TNE)[CSRA, LLC] via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 16 17:39:48 PDT 2017

Hello,
I had high hopes for clang to support OpenMP4.5 target offload. I recently installed the latest version 6.0.0, but a lot of essential functionality seems to be missing.
For example:

cang  -c -I../common   -O3 -fopenmp=libomp –cuda-path=${CUDA_ROOT} ft.c

ft.c:286:19: warning: extra tokens at the end of '#pragma omp teams' are ignored [-Wextra-tokens]
#pragma omp teams distribute

ft.c:300:20: error: unexpected OpenMP clause 'update' in directive '#pragma omp target'
#pragma omp target update from(u0_real,u0_imag,u1_real,u1_imag)

Do you think there is something wrong with my install or maybe I am using the wrong compiler flags.
My apologies if this is the wrong mailing list for such kind of questions.

Gabriele