[Openmp-dev] Failure executing OpenMP applications in BOTS benchmark with clang

Hahnfeld, Jonas via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 28 01:51:33 PDT 2017

Hi,

From: Mohammad Norouzi [mailto:norouzi at cs.tu-darmstadt.de]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2017 10:45 AM
To: Hahnfeld, Jonas <Hahnfeld at itc.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc: LLVM-OpenMP (openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org) <openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org>
Subject: Re: Failure executing OpenMP applications in BOTS benchmark with clang

Hi,

On 28.04.2017 10:30, Hahnfeld, Jonas wrote:

Hi,

I haven’t tried OMP_DYNAMIC. Do you have that set on the other machine where it is now working fine. In general, this should be fine: If you don’t have OMP_NUM_THREADS set, it will spawn as many threads as there are cores in the system.

No. It is not set and I have not set OMP_STACKSIZE and OMP_NUM_THREADS too. The default values for the three variables are used.

Could you try to set them on the machine it now worked with? And unset them on the machine that failed in the beginning, just to be sure?

If you tell me which of the tests fails for you, I will run that in my environment to have a comparison and possibly fix the problem here.

Thanks,

Jonas