[Openmp-dev] [lldb-dev] FYI: Landing the initial draft for an LLVM Code of Conduct

Chandler Carruth via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 30 12:53:32 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 12:18 PM C Bergström <cbergstrom at pathscale.com>
wrote:

> So discussion has been beaten to death and based on your comments - it
> seems you anticipate strong support.

I think there has been explicit strong support on the threads.

> Is any (in)formal vote planned? Will this just get enacted, "who" decided..

I don't think we need any kind of vote. I think there is pretty clear and
widespread consensus. It's not unanimous of course, but I don't think that
is a requirement or reason to have some kind of vote. If there are large
numbers of contributors who actively disagree with this direction, I think
they have had many opportunities to speak up (and thanks for doing just
that on prior threads). And folks can always speak up now or in the future.
If there is a clear change of consensus, the community can and should
respond to that.