[Openmp-dev] OpenMP 4 offloading status

Andrey Bokhanko via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 17 08:01:47 PDT 2016

Hi Chris,

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 8:55 PM, C Bergström <openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org>
wrote:

> 2) If that offloading is meant to be available to another programming
> model, it should be abstracted to provide a bit more clean abstraction
> instead of just zero layer over the OMP API.

Rest assured that we (Intel) want libomptarget to trend into this
direction. We are currently investigating what level of abstraction might
be good to effectively express other offloading programming models and will
share results (if any) publicly.

b. Some docs which give enough examples and detail that what I'm
> talking is tangible.

This would be great!

Yours,
Andrey