[Openmp-dev] parallel-lib: New LLVM Suproject

C Bergström via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 16 10:59:20 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 1:50 AM, Jason Henline via Openmp-dev
<openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Thanks for your help, Tanya!
>
> I haven't created the project in SVN yet. Am I able to set it up myself on
> the LLVM servers, or does someone else need to do that part?
>
> I'll be glad to volunteer to moderate the new mailing lists.
>
> We will want a website. I think there will be a top-level docs directory for
> the project and a docs directory for each subproject. To begin with,
> StreamExecutor will be the only subproject so the structure will look
> something like this:
>
> parallel-libs/
>   docs/
>   stream_executor/
>     docs/
>
> Does that seem like a reasonable way to set it up?

What will it look like when they add the liboffload from OMP?

Would it be parallel-libs/libomptarget/
or
parallel-libs/omp/libomptarget/

If there's any code in SE which is "common" and can or should be
reused to consumed - maybe give some long term consideration to
superficial refactoring. This "lib/API" design mentality is common in
llvm/clang and it would be nice if it was mirrored here.