[Openmp-dev] [llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] RFC: Proposing an LLVM subproject for parallelism runtime and support libraries

Hal Finkel via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 1 14:30:20 PDT 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "C Bergström" <cbergstrom at pathscale.com>
> To: "Hal Finkel" <hfinkel at anl.gov>

Sanitizers, Profiling, etc.

> OMP runtime - huh? There's obviously an implementation wrapper around
> pthreads for the compiler to chew on, but the exported/user facing
> portions certainly do or should conform to the OMP standard.
> Everything that is user facing is well defined and the whole process
> from TR to finalization is established...

For a compiler-infrastructure project, user-facing means different things to different people. SE, for example, might sit underneath a parallel STL implementation. OpenMP might too. There are lots of options, and SE's interface itself might not be the primary means via which end users interact with it.

 -Hal