[Openmp-dev] [llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] RFC: Proposing an LLVM subproject for parallelism runtime and support libraries

C Bergström via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 1 08:53:27 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 11:38 PM, Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov> wrote:
> [...]

Sorry, but the interaction so far doesn't leave me warm and fuzzy.. I
see them wanting to push their code as-is instead of working more
closely with OMP and Intel.

Nothing stops them from reviewing the OpenMP implementation stuff
today. Since you're friends with them - maybe ask them to help out
there. If they had a strong interest in this area, I suspect that
would have already happened.

>From what you're saying above.. it seems like SE won't succeed unless
it becomes a project? If that's the case then maybe it should die...
You have to be _____ this tall to go on the ride..

All the positive interactions and feedback shouldn't be exclusive with
SE being a project. Tying them together doesn't seem like the right
approach.

It seems like "I want it MY way or I won't play"...

How about we revisit this in a month? If in 1 month other codes are
using SE we can discuss the benefits...