[Openmp-dev] Clang OpenMP frontend

Olumide via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 1 02:27:58 PDT 2016

Dear List,

I'm trying to understand how clang implements the OpenMP task construct
i.e. how the task construct is converted to code. Page 12 of "The LLVM
OpenMP Runtime Library" document provides only one example of what an
OpenMP construct is converted into
(http://openmp.llvm.org/Reference.pdf#page=12)

Where in the source can I find these transformations? I've cloned the
repository and searched the source but cannot find the source for
implementation of OpenMP constructs.

A bit of background. I'm working on a problem is a perfect fit for task
parallelism. However I'm also using a custom memory allocator and I am
concerned about what happens when OpenMP creates a task. How much data
does OpenMP copy, or does the task object/structure (I assume there is
one) merely hold a pointer to my data? I think it matters because of the
way that my objects are laid out in my custom memory pool.

Regards,

- Olumide