[Openmp-dev] [lldb-dev] [cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] FYI: Landing the initial draft for an LLVM Code of Conduct

David Chisnall via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 6 08:20:15 PDT 2016

On 6 Jul 2016, at 16:16, Robinson, Paul <paul.robinson at sony.com> wrote:

> As Daniel pointed out, an enumeration like that knows no bounds, and
> starting a list invites endless what-if questions.  That's why I settled
> for a more qualitative statement; we have to acknowledge that ultimately
> there's a judgement call on the part of the enforcement committee, but
> the wording as it was felt a little too wide-open for me.

That I was explicitly *not* what I was suggesting an enumeration of all possible cases, I was suggesting an additional document describing hypothetical case studies and whether they would be covered.  There is ample precedent for this in law (for example, much of the tax code in the UK comes along with guidance notes, which are not considered legally binding but provide people with rough rules of thumb) and does not degenerate into an attempt to list every possible case.

David