[Openmp-dev] [Release-testers] [4.0 Release] Schedule and call for testers

Renato Golin via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 5 11:00:27 PST 2016

On 5 December 2016 at 18:56, Hans Wennborg via Release-testers
<release-testers at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> The idea is that Tom's stable releases will keep incrementing the
> "patch" part of the version numbers, just as today, so they would be
> 4.0.1, 4.0.2, etc.

Hum, this looks weird. I was under the impression that we'd do 4.1, 4.2 instead.

Otherwise, it'll be:

* 3.9.0
* 3.9.1
* 4.0.0
* 4.0.1
* 5.0.0
* 5.0.1

With a totally redundant zero in the middle.

Unless we're planning to extend the maintenance of the 5.x branch and
release 5.1.0 *after* 6.0.0 is out, which would be a major change in
how we release LLVM. I don't think that's the plan.

cheers,
--renato