[Openmp-dev] [4.0 Release] Schedule and call for testers

Dimitry Andric via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 5 10:42:44 PST 2016

On 05 Dec 2016, at 19:26, Hans Wennborg via Openmp-dev <openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> There's still plenty of time left, but I'd like to get the schedule
> set before folks start disappearing for the holidays.
>
> Note that this release will also switch us to the new versioning
> scheme where the major version is incremented for each major release
> (i.e., when the 4.0 branch is created, trunk will become 5.0).

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention, but where is the general outline
for this versioning scheme documented?  And are we still going to do
4.1, 4.2, etc?

> If you'd like to help providing binaries and testing for your
> favourite platform, please subscribe to the release-testers mailing
> list [1].
>
> I propose the following schedule for the 4.0 release:
>
> - 12 January 2017: Create the 4.0 branch. RC1 tagged soon thereafter.
>
> - 1 February: Tag RC2. All lose ends should have been tied up by now.
>
> - 21 February: Final tag. Binaries and release announcement a few days later.
>
> Unless there are any objections, I'll post this on the web page soon.

Note that this is a pretty close follow-up to the 3.9.1 release.  There
is a minor risk of "release burn-out" here... :)

Otherwise, LGTM.

-Dimitry