[Openmp-dev] LLVM coding conventions an the OpenMP runtime

Hahnfeld, Jonas via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 9 01:37:45 PDT 2016

Some research ends up being standardized and is given back, but I don't want to discuss this here.
This may be a weak argument but I think it's valuable to have it in mind...

> Again just my view, but I strongly dislike some of the coding practices being
> employed. I'd love to see some things which I consider "fugly hacks"
> removed.

If that's anything else than "cosmetic candy" I think nobody will speak up against patches ;-)

> In terms of the actual logistics - if the entire clean-up is done as a single
> commit - it should be fairly easy for that to rebase against an out-of-tree
> fork. Worst case the research just isn't in sync with upstream, but not all
> research projects track git HEAD or svn ToT..

Disagree here, what I've seen so far: Neither git nor SVN can easily handle whitespace reformatting on rebase or merge.

Cheers,
Jonas