[Openmp-dev] [cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] RFC: Proposing an LLVM subproject for parallelism runtime and support libraries

Jason Henline via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 27 09:52:45 PDT 2016

Andrey,

I may have misunderstood Chandler, but I think it would be good to house
libomptarget together with SE in the new project. I suspect he means to
leave the option open for the libomptarget developers to choose the best
option as they see fit.

In terms of organization, I would expect the project initially to contain a
StreamExecutor directory and a libomptarget directory where each project
could work separately.

When it comes to the difference in review process between the two projects,
I don't know the answer. I would expect the new project to handle reviews
similar to the way they are handled in the LLVM project itself, so I don't
know if there would be any difference compared to what is happening now
with libomptarget.