[Openmp-dev] OpenMP 4 offloading status

Carlo Bertolli via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 4 13:36:54 PDT 2016

Hi Roel

I am not sure if someone already answered your question, but here is a
description of the status to the best of my knowledge: offloading support
for OpenMP includes implementation of target-related pragmas plus an
offloading library, currently called libomptarget.

The implementation of the pragmas happens in Clang and most of the
constructs are implemented in trunk, notably except map clause, declare
target, target update, and some clauses of teams. These remaining things
are being worked on at this time, i.e. the patches are being discussed on
phabricator.

libomptarget is present as patches to the openmp library. You can find them
here:

http://reviews.llvm.org/D14031
http://reviews.llvm.org/D14253
http://reviews.llvm.org/D14254

Finally, there are additional patches to the driver being discussed by the
llvm community. These would enable compilation for different kinds of
targets (same target region compiled for host and device selected by
command line args), bundling of intermediate files, etc..

Unfortunately, at this point in time putting all of these separate things
together may not be easy.

Cheers

-- Carlo