[Openmp-dev] [cfe-dev] CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX vs -fopenmp and clang search library search path

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Fri May 15 21:44:53 PDT 2015

maybe we're talking about the same thing
---------
Each STL has a different name.. libc++ isn't named libstl.so

So calling it libiomp.so or libwhocares.so ensures that it doesn't
conflict with something down the road. Again it doesn't really matter
since the packager can now easily change the name. We may want to
allow that same cmake variable to be used inside llvm/clang so that if
everything is built together it all plays nice. This isn't something
user facing. The compiler will/should automatically add the right
name.

As an example
clang -mp foo.c # User never see's the name of the lib unless they do
ldd later or something. Assuming the default is llvm/openmp.

I hope the noise on this topic dies down soon. It's really all bikeshed