[Openmp-dev] residual instances of iomp

Jack Howarth howarth.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 11:30:42 PDT 2015

C,
    We already have....

runtime/src/include/30/omp.h.var
runtime/src/include/30/omp_lib.h.var
runtime/src/include/40/omp.h.var
runtime/src/include/40/omp_lib.h.var
runtime/src/include/41/omp.h.var
runtime/src/include/41/omp_lib.h.var

without the 'i' for lower versions of OMP support. Jonathan said the
copies with libiomp in the name were created to avoid filename
conflicts with libgomp's headers but are no longer needed.

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/openmp-dev/2015-May/000642.html

    Jack

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 2:13 PM, C Bergström <cbergstrom at pathscale.com> wrote:
> Aren't those files useful if you want to test a lower version of OMP support?
>
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 1:06 AM, Peyton, Jonathan L
> <jonathan.l.peyton at intel.com> wrote:
>> Nope, those files have been rendered unused.
>>
>> -- Johnny

>>> libiomp5md$(dll) ; $(cp) $(imp_file) libiomp5md$(lib)
>>> runtime/src/rules.mk: cd $(out_lib_dir) ; ln -sf $(lib_file)
>>> libiomp5$(dll)
>>>
>>> Also, shouldn't the instance's of "Intel(R)" be changed to "LLVM" for the library description...
>>>
>>> offload/doc/doxygen/config:PROJECT_NAME           =
>>> "Intel® Offload Runtime Library"
>>> offload/doc/doxygen/header.tex:{\Large
>>> Intel\textsuperscript{\textregistered} Offload Runtime Library }\\
>>> offload/README.txt:       README for Intel(R) Offload Runtime Library
>>> offload/README.txt:Intel(R) Offload Runtime Library requires additional software:
>>> offload/README.txt:1) Intel(R) OpenMP* Runtime Library.  You can
>>> either download the source
>>> offload/README.txt:2) Intel(R) COI Runtime Library and Intel(R) MYO Runtime Library.  These offload/README.txt:How to Build the Intel(R) Offload Runtime Library offload/README.txt:build the Intel(R) Offload Runtime Library.  To see the default settings,
>>> offload/README.txt:libiomp_host_dir:     The path to the host Intel(R)
>>> OpenMP* Runtime Library.
>>> runtime/Build_With_CMake.txt: [ Intel(R) Many Integrated Core Library
>>> (Intel(R) MIC Library) ]
>>> runtime/src/libiomp.rc.var:                VALUE "FileDescription",
>>> "Intel(R) OpenMP* Runtime Library${{ our $MESSAGE_CATALOG; $MESSAGE_CATALOG ? " Message Catalog" : "" }}\0"
>>> runtime/src/libiomp.rc.var:                VALUE "ProductName",
>>> "Intel(R) OpenMP* Runtime Library\0"
>>> runtime/src/libiomp.rc.var:                    "Intel(R) OpenMP* ${{
>>> our ( $MESSAGE_CATALOG, $KMP_TYPE ); $MESSAGE_CATALOG ? "Runtime Library Message Catalog" : "$KMP_TYPE Library" }} "
>>> runtime/src/libomp.rc.var:                VALUE "FileDescription",
>>> "Intel(R) OpenMP* Runtime Library${{ our $MESSAGE_CATALOG; $MESSAGE_CATALOG ? " Message Catalog" : "" }}\0"
>>> runtime/src/libomp.rc.var:                VALUE "ProductName",
>>> "Intel(R) OpenMP* Runtime Library\0"
>>> runtime/src/libomp.rc.var:                    "Intel(R) OpenMP* ${{