[Openmp-dev] Large Refactor of CMake build system

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Mon Jul 20 12:02:58 PDT 2015

This "discussion" was posted to -commits and not here - (which is not
cool for something this size)
--------------

Original thread - sorry for messed up indenting
Hi Jonathan,

I think this is a reasonable request as we're still early in the
process and this can be considered a fix towards completing an
existing feature.

I've merged this and the follow-up commit in r242335 and r242336, respectively.

Thanks,
Hans

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Peyton, Jonathan L
<jonathan.l.peyton at intel.com> wrote:
> Hans,
>
> We were trying to get this into the 3.7.0 release so users could have this library be the default for the -fopenmp flag.  We missed the deadline by one day.  There were two commits that refactor the CMake code to be up to LLVM standards.  I would greatly appreciate if this (and the follow up commit r242301) were committed to the 3.7.0 openmp branch.  I know they are large, but they are key to getting the LLVM OpenMP Runtime library set as the default for clang.
>
> -- Johnny

----------

This isn't really just about missing the deadline by 1 day. I stayed
out of the way for you to get the initial cmake changes in and counted
on doing post-commit testing and review (to clean-up whatever you
broke). (Chandler was already nitpicking you) This level of change
wouldn't fly in llvm/clang projects and I hope we can apply the same
general approach here. Basically it hasn't had any testing outside of
the Intel world - It would be nice if the Solaris, FreeBSD, Aarch,
Power8.. etc world had a chance to verify before it's pushed to a
stable branch. Ths sky won't fall over the -fopenmp flag.

Please revert r242335 and r242336 in the branch and lets move forward
with testing and bug fixes.