[Openmp-dev] Problem in setting number of threads while using clang with openmp

Rajat Garg gargx093 at umn.edu
Tue Jul 14 11:03:01 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am using the clang provided by polly(which is version 3.7) in association
with openmp shared library(http://openmp.llvm.org/).

Ultimately, I have to run clang with polly on multiple threads. So, I tried
to compile a simple program with #pragma parallel. But I could not create
more than one thread. This was because libgomp was getting linked instead
of libomp.

So, as suggested on https://github.com/clang-omp/clang/issues/44, I
downloaded the clang-omp version and following the directions as in
https://clang-omp.github.io/.

../build/bin/clang-3.5 -fopenmp
-L/home/rajat/lulesh/openmp/runtime/exports/lin_32e/lib/
-I/home/rajat/lulesh/openmp/runtime/exports/common/include try.c

But, this gives segmentation fault with #pragma omp parallel.

Can you help me out in this.

Thanks,
Rajat